A Harlan's Holiday colt from the family of two-time Japanese champion Hishi Akebono brought $250,000 to lead the first session of the Fasig-Tipton October sale.
Are You Kidding Me shipped across the border and won outside Canada for the first time, powering home by four lengths to take the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7 in near-record time.
Virginia-bred Hard Enough faces Michael With Us and Saint Vigeur as he goes for a third straight stakes score, and first graded win, in the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7.
Hardway Stables' Speak Logistics, third behind subsequent Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Orb in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II), heads a field of eight for the Calder Derby.
Jockey Gary Boulanger, away from the races for nearly nine years, rides John Oxley's Conquestor to victory in the OBS Sprint Stakes during the OBS Day of Champions. Spring Venture returns a winner in the filly division.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture