A Harlan's Holiday colt from the family of two-time Japanese champion Hishi Akebono brought $250,000 to lead the first session of the Fasig-Tipton October sale.
Are You Kidding Me shipped across the border and won outside Canada for the first time, powering home by four lengths to take the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7 in near-record time.
Virginia-bred Hard Enough faces Michael With Us and Saint Vigeur as he goes for a third straight stakes score, and first graded win, in the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7.
Hardway Stables' Speak Logistics, third behind subsequent Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Orb in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II), heads a field of eight for the Calder Derby.
Jockey Gary Boulanger, away from the races for nearly nine years, rides John Oxley's Conquestor to victory in the OBS Sprint Stakes during the OBS Day of Champions. Spring Venture returns a winner in the filly division.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap