A Harlan's Holiday colt from the family of two-time Japanese champion Hishi Akebono brought $250,000 to lead the first session of the Fasig-Tipton October sale.
Are You Kidding Me shipped across the border and won outside Canada for the first time, powering home by four lengths to take the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7 in near-record time.
Virginia-bred Hard Enough faces Michael With Us and Saint Vigeur as he goes for a third straight stakes score, and first graded win, in the $200,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 7.
Hardway Stables' Speak Logistics, third behind subsequent Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Orb in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II), heads a field of eight for the Calder Derby.
Jockey Gary Boulanger, away from the races for nearly nine years, rides John Oxley's Conquestor to victory in the OBS Sprint Stakes during the OBS Day of Champions. Spring Venture returns a winner in the filly division.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection