After failing to attract a qualified bid for Santa Anita Park this summer, bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. is prepared to try it again early next year. Meanwhile, a committee of horse owners from the Thoroughbred Owners of California is continuing to negotiate the purchase of the picturesque 303-acre racetrack, site of the 2009 Breeders' Cup.
- By Jack Shinar
An auction scheduled Sept. 8 on properties owned by bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. will not go forward after the company withdrew Santa Anita Park, Lone Star Park, and other assets from the bidding in court documents filed in U.S. bankruptcy court.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- First Winner for Giant Surprise
- Delaware Park Battles With Regional Pressures
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds