After failing to attract a qualified bid for Santa Anita Park this summer, bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. is prepared to try it again early next year. Meanwhile, a committee of horse owners from the Thoroughbred Owners of California is continuing to negotiate the purchase of the picturesque 303-acre racetrack, site of the 2009 Breeders' Cup.
- By Jack Shinar
An auction scheduled Sept. 8 on properties owned by bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. will not go forward after the company withdrew Santa Anita Park, Lone Star Park, and other assets from the bidding in court documents filed in U.S. bankruptcy court.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap