After failing to attract a qualified bid for Santa Anita Park this summer, bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. is prepared to try it again early next year. Meanwhile, a committee of horse owners from the Thoroughbred Owners of California is continuing to negotiate the purchase of the picturesque 303-acre racetrack, site of the 2009 Breeders' Cup.
- By Jack Shinar
An auction scheduled Sept. 8 on properties owned by bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp. will not go forward after the company withdrew Santa Anita Park, Lone Star Park, and other assets from the bidding in court documents filed in U.S. bankruptcy court.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Frammento Has Final Drill at Saratoga
- Spanish Queen Carries On in American Oaks
- Lockout Closes to Connaught Cup Win
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Alsvid Takes Aristides Over Work All Week
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf