Training partners David Hayes and Tom Dabernig enjoyed a one-two finish in the Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 14 at Flemington as Spillway got to the finish line just a whisker ahead of stablemate Extra Zero.
Although racing strategy fell apart at the start, favorite Puccini still pulled off a convincing win for an injured jockey in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 1 at Ellerslie.
Michael Walker won New Zealand's jockey championship at age 16. Now a much older and wiser 17, Walker recently matched and will soon eclipse the country's record for most wins in a year.
New Zealand jockey sensation Michael Walker equalled Lance O'Sullivan's New Zealand record of 162 wins in a season today. O'Sullivan set that total in the 1996-97 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale