The Delaware Handicap at Delaware Park and Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course have been granted grade I status by the American Graded Stakes Committee, which met Nov. 28 in Lexington.
Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year contract May 2 after months of contentious negotiations.
Delaware Park has received mostly favorable feedback on its ontrack exacta bonus experiment, but its potential may be hard to gauge until it has a chance to grow.
Delaware Park will experiment with an ontrack-only pari-mutuel takeout reduction from Sept. 4 through Nov. 6, closing day of the meet.
Delaware Park raced 27 fewer days this year but registered increases in total handle and average daily handle, track officials said Oct. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf