The Delaware Handicap at Delaware Park and Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course have been granted grade I status by the American Graded Stakes Committee, which met Nov. 28 in Lexington.
Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year contract May 2 after months of contentious negotiations.
Delaware Park has received mostly favorable feedback on its ontrack exacta bonus experiment, but its potential may be hard to gauge until it has a chance to grow.
Delaware Park will experiment with an ontrack-only pari-mutuel takeout reduction from Sept. 4 through Nov. 6, closing day of the meet.
Delaware Park raced 27 fewer days this year but registered increases in total handle and average daily handle, track officials said Oct. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Horsemen's Track and Equipment Offers Scholarship
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF