The Delaware Handicap at Delaware Park and Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga Race Course have been granted grade I status by the American Graded Stakes Committee, which met Nov. 28 in Lexington.
Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year contract May 2 after months of contentious negotiations.
Delaware Park has received mostly favorable feedback on its ontrack exacta bonus experiment, but its potential may be hard to gauge until it has a chance to grow.
Delaware Park will experiment with an ontrack-only pari-mutuel takeout reduction from Sept. 4 through Nov. 6, closing day of the meet.
Delaware Park raced 27 fewer days this year but registered increases in total handle and average daily handle, track officials said Oct. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack