Red-hot Taylor Said, back in action just 13 days after setting a track record at Hastings Racecourse, held off Winning Machine in the final strides Aug. 19 to capture the $200,000 Longacres Miles (gr. III) by a head.
Scrappy T will be joined by eight other 3-year-olds in a quest to become the winner of the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) Saturday at Hoosier Park.
Giacomo, the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner, breezed six furlongs in 1:14 4/5 Sunday morning on the fast track at Hollywood Park in his last serious work for Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Storm Surge heads a field of 12 3-year-olds slated for Saturday's Walmac Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park. Dallas Stewart conditions the Overbrook Farm homebred who won the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) by a neck at Fair Grounds in his first start this year. The $300,000 Walmac will also be contested at nine furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title