Grade II winner True Quality has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
- By Victor Ryan
California owner-breeder Michael Power pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor theft charge Monday and was sentenced by Superior Court in Auburn, Calif., to 30 days in jail, three years probation, and a $100 fine.
- By Jack Shinar
California owner-breeder Michael Power is scheduled to face trial on a felony theft charge in Superior Court in Placer County, Calif. on Feb. 24.
- By Jack Shinar
California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Michael Power is charged with one felony count of theft in connection with the sale of a horse that his accuser claims was never delivered.
Special T Thoroughbreds is being forced to auction off the promising stallion Siberian Summer along with nine mares and four foals because the horses' owner hasn't paid his bills. The sale will be held Sept. 26 at 1 p.m. PDT at the farm.
A Jockey Club investigation found no evidence that mares were bred using artificial insemination at Southern California's Valley Creek Farm.
The Jockey Club has launched an inquiry into whether artificial insemination was used at Valley Creek Farm in California, which is co-owned by Jack Liebau, one of its members. Additionally, the Jockey Club has agreed to conduct a hearing into the fraudulent registration of four Palomino Thoroughbreds.
Grade I winner Siberian Summer will stand the 2001 breeding season at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud