Grade II winner True Quality has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
- By Victor Ryan
California owner-breeder Michael Power pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor theft charge Monday and was sentenced by Superior Court in Auburn, Calif., to 30 days in jail, three years probation, and a $100 fine.
- By Jack Shinar
California owner-breeder Michael Power is scheduled to face trial on a felony theft charge in Superior Court in Placer County, Calif. on Feb. 24.
- By Jack Shinar
California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Michael Power is charged with one felony count of theft in connection with the sale of a horse that his accuser claims was never delivered.
Special T Thoroughbreds is being forced to auction off the promising stallion Siberian Summer along with nine mares and four foals because the horses' owner hasn't paid his bills. The sale will be held Sept. 26 at 1 p.m. PDT at the farm.
A Jockey Club investigation found no evidence that mares were bred using artificial insemination at Southern California's Valley Creek Farm.
The Jockey Club has launched an inquiry into whether artificial insemination was used at Valley Creek Farm in California, which is co-owned by Jack Liebau, one of its members. Additionally, the Jockey Club has agreed to conduct a hearing into the fraudulent registration of four Palomino Thoroughbreds.
Grade I winner Siberian Summer will stand the 2001 breeding season at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91