Millionaire multiple graded stakes winner Halo Dolly has been retired from racing.
The first reported foal by grade II winner Adios Charlie is a bay filly born March 2 at Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Adios Charlie, winner of the 2011 Jerome Stakes (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand the immediate 2012 breeding season at J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud Farm. His fee is $3,500 stands and nurses.
Sweetsouthernsaint, sire of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) hopeful Storming Saint, has been sold and will stand at Haras El Aguila in Panama.
After generating a grim series of results for breeding stock and weanlings, the Thoroughbred marketplace switches its focus to racing prospects beginning with the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida. Auction firm officials and consignors are hoping buyers will be more enthusiastic about acquiring young horses nearly ready for competition even though the global economy continues to struggle.
Multiple graded stakes winner Gottcha Gold will retire to Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud for the 2009 breeding season, it was announced Nov.19.
Grade I winner Outofthebox, who covered 104 mares at Richard Simon's Sez Who Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla., in 2003 in his first season at stud, will be relocated to Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farm.
Chapel Royal, a son of Montbrook who topped the OBSC Calder select sale of 2-year-olds in February with a final bid of $1.2 million, will make his career debut in the second race at Belmont Park Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby