This year's International Simulcast Conference opened Sept. 29 with some advice to the horseracing industry: Embrace the "whales" and computer-assisted wagering, and close some tracks to help improve the product at those that remain.
Michael Konik, author of The Smart Money: How the World's Best Sports Bettors Beat the Bookies Out of Millions, will address the subject of programmed wagering and offshore booking Sept. 29, first day of the International Simulcast Conference in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Slideshow: Game On Dude
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa