This year's International Simulcast Conference opened Sept. 29 with some advice to the horseracing industry: Embrace the "whales" and computer-assisted wagering, and close some tracks to help improve the product at those that remain.
Michael Konik, author of The Smart Money: How the World's Best Sports Bettors Beat the Bookies Out of Millions, will address the subject of programmed wagering and offshore booking Sept. 29, first day of the International Simulcast Conference in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight