This year's International Simulcast Conference opened Sept. 29 with some advice to the horseracing industry: Embrace the "whales" and computer-assisted wagering, and close some tracks to help improve the product at those that remain.
Michael Konik, author of The Smart Money: How the World's Best Sports Bettors Beat the Bookies Out of Millions, will address the subject of programmed wagering and offshore booking Sept. 29, first day of the International Simulcast Conference in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth