Wando, Canada's Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old colt following his sweep of the 2003 Triple Crown, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Queen's Plate winner Wando scared off the competition for Sunday's $500,000 Prince of Wales for Canadian-bred 3-year-olds at Fort Erie Race Track, and was installed as the 3-5 morning line favorite in a field of seven.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund