The season's first round of turf workouts took place Wednesday morning at Santa Anita Park when 34 horses breezed at distances from four furlongs to one mile. Opening day at Santa Anita is Dec. 26 and all workers were relegated to the outside portion of the course, 48 feet from the inner rail.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test