The season's first round of turf workouts took place Wednesday morning at Santa Anita Park when 34 horses breezed at distances from four furlongs to one mile. Opening day at Santa Anita is Dec. 26 and all workers were relegated to the outside portion of the course, 48 feet from the inner rail.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic