Quick Wit, who won the off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 10, remains an outside possibility for the Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25.
Guys Reward, stalking three wide into the stretch on a soggy Churchill Downs turf course, drew clear approaching the furlong pole to win the closing night Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) by two lengths July 1.
M B Sea, a 34-1 shot with veteran jockey Craig Perret aboard, upset heavily favored Tenpins to win the $163,800 Fayette Stakes (gr. III) Saturday as Keeneland's record-breaking fall meeting ended.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day