Heaven's Runway rallied from the far outside and overtook favorite Stallwalkin' Dude in deep stretch for his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Fall Highweight (gr. III) Nov. 24 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Libby Loftus of New York balances her commodities business with a keen interest in Thoroughbred racing and involvement with charities such as the Belmont Child Care Association.
For every big-name contender expected to arrive at the Breeders' Cup World Championships every season, there are several whose connections agonize over the decision to send them there.
Sportswriter will try to win his first NYSS on the dirt when he competes in the $100,000 Thunder Rumble at Aqueduct Racetrack, while Sunny Desert heads the $100,000 Staten Island for females Nov. 14.
Gaining the services of jockey Jose Espinoza for the first time, Silver Screamer kicked clear under urging in the stretch to prevail by 1 1/2 lengths in the June 30 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park.
Trainer John Terranova swept both ends of the New York Stallion Stakes at Belmont Park on May 2 with a pair of favorites, Franny Freud and General Maximus.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa