Libby Loftus of New York balances her commodities business with a keen interest in Thoroughbred racing and involvement with charities such as the Belmont Child Care Association.
For every big-name contender expected to arrive at the Breeders' Cup World Championships every season, there are several whose connections agonize over the decision to send them there.
Sportswriter will try to win his first NYSS on the dirt when he competes in the $100,000 Thunder Rumble at Aqueduct Racetrack, while Sunny Desert heads the $100,000 Staten Island for females Nov. 14.
Gaining the services of jockey Jose Espinoza for the first time, Silver Screamer kicked clear under urging in the stretch to prevail by 1 1/2 lengths in the June 30 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park.
Trainer John Terranova swept both ends of the New York Stallion Stakes at Belmont Park on May 2 with a pair of favorites, Franny Freud and General Maximus.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle