Just Jack, a consistent 3-year-old homebred for Dr. Michael Harrison, will face the stiffest test of his young career Saturday when he takes on older rivals in the $150,000 Million Classic at a mile and a furlong.
Popular Ben's Cat won the battle but lost the war when Talk Show Man caught the gallant favorite in the final strides of the $126,250 Maryland Million Turf Oct. 19 at Laurel Park.
- By Esther Marr
Though A to the Croft has been experiencing a case of "seconditis" lately in stakes company, trainer Kenny McPeek still believes the filly has enough talent to put it all together in the Oct. 27 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Secretariat, Suffolk Downs featured on 'Woodie's World'...New Jersey breeders elect officers...National Museum of Racing hosts Horses for the Holidays...Calder's Fan Appreciation Day is Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham