Just Jack, a consistent 3-year-old homebred for Dr. Michael Harrison, will face the stiffest test of his young career Saturday when he takes on older rivals in the $150,000 Million Classic at a mile and a furlong.
Popular Ben's Cat won the battle but lost the war when Talk Show Man caught the gallant favorite in the final strides of the $126,250 Maryland Million Turf Oct. 19 at Laurel Park.
- By Esther Marr
Though A to the Croft has been experiencing a case of "seconditis" lately in stakes company, trainer Kenny McPeek still believes the filly has enough talent to put it all together in the Oct. 27 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Secretariat, Suffolk Downs featured on 'Woodie's World'...New Jersey breeders elect officers...National Museum of Racing hosts Horses for the Holidays...Calder's Fan Appreciation Day is Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer