Just Jack, a consistent 3-year-old homebred for Dr. Michael Harrison, will face the stiffest test of his young career Saturday when he takes on older rivals in the $150,000 Million Classic at a mile and a furlong.
Popular Ben's Cat won the battle but lost the war when Talk Show Man caught the gallant favorite in the final strides of the $126,250 Maryland Million Turf Oct. 19 at Laurel Park.
- By Esther Marr
Though A to the Croft has been experiencing a case of "seconditis" lately in stakes company, trainer Kenny McPeek still believes the filly has enough talent to put it all together in the Oct. 27 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Secretariat, Suffolk Downs featured on 'Woodie's World'...New Jersey breeders elect officers...National Museum of Racing hosts Horses for the Holidays...Calder's Fan Appreciation Day is Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint