A New Mexico state employee is behind bars as different agencies look into his alleged involvement in the theft of four Thoroughbreds taken in 2007 from Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
In an order signed by a New Mexico judge Jan. 4, California horseman Michael Hagan pleaded no contest to three criminal charges stemming from a failed deal over a tack business in 2007.
Two-time national champion Indian Blessing has traveled far and wide in adding accomplishment after accomplishment to her vaunted graded-stakes resume. And her lesser-known older brother has had his fair share of journeys, too, though more often due to court-related drama - including a criminal arrest - than for racing glory.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos