A New Mexico state employee is behind bars as different agencies look into his alleged involvement in the theft of four Thoroughbreds taken in 2007 from Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
In an order signed by a New Mexico judge Jan. 4, California horseman Michael Hagan pleaded no contest to three criminal charges stemming from a failed deal over a tack business in 2007.
Two-time national champion Indian Blessing has traveled far and wide in adding accomplishment after accomplishment to her vaunted graded-stakes resume. And her lesser-known older brother has had his fair share of journeys, too, though more often due to court-related drama - including a criminal arrest - than for racing glory.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York