A New Mexico state employee is behind bars as different agencies look into his alleged involvement in the theft of four Thoroughbreds taken in 2007 from Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
In an order signed by a New Mexico judge Jan. 4, California horseman Michael Hagan pleaded no contest to three criminal charges stemming from a failed deal over a tack business in 2007.
Two-time national champion Indian Blessing has traveled far and wide in adding accomplishment after accomplishment to her vaunted graded-stakes resume. And her lesser-known older brother has had his fair share of journeys, too, though more often due to court-related drama - including a criminal arrest - than for racing glory.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor