Mandy's Gold made it four in a row when she won The Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. III) wire-to-wire on a sloppy Saratoga track Friday.
Steeplechase Farm's Mandy's Gold, highweighted at 116 pounds, and Carl Pollard's Caressing, champion 2-year-old filly of 2000, will be the likely favorites for the $150,000 Chicago Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), a seven-furlong race for fillies and mares, at Arlington Park on June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%