Monmouth Park's Boiling Springs Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies, slated for Aug. 30, will be re-drawn for the Jersey Shore track's Sept. 1 program.
The first day of the Monmouth Park experiment can be considered a success as far as the entry box goes, as 148 horses were entered in 13 races with purses totaling $812,000.
Monmouth Park's first 2010 condition book includes $75,000 maiden special weight races and $80,000 entry-level allowance events.
Former Monmouth Park racing secretary Michael Dempsey will return to his old position in place of Sean Greely, who was let go earlier this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente