Monmouth Park's Boiling Springs Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies, slated for Aug. 30, will be re-drawn for the Jersey Shore track's Sept. 1 program.
The first day of the Monmouth Park experiment can be considered a success as far as the entry box goes, as 148 horses were entered in 13 races with purses totaling $812,000.
Monmouth Park's first 2010 condition book includes $75,000 maiden special weight races and $80,000 entry-level allowance events.
Former Monmouth Park racing secretary Michael Dempsey will return to his old position in place of Sean Greely, who was let go earlier this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic