The New York Racing Association will raise the total purse for the Travers Stakes (gr. I) to $1.6 million, contingent upon Triple Crown winner American Pharoah starting Aug. 29 at Saratoga Race Course.
The board of directors of the New York Racing Association met under the leadership of new board chair Michael Del Giudice for the first time June 24 in New York City.
New NYRA chairman owns company that allegedly gave a lucrative no-show job to the son of a former state Senate majority leader who is fighting federal corruption charges.
Six weeks after the official start of the search for a chief executive officer for the New York Racing Association, chairman David Skorton indicated that the board is not close to naming Ellen McClain's successor.
NYRA is required under the Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act that they to have to send out two-month advance word to employees of possible layoffs
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines