Mike Repole's Uncle Mo, last year's champion 2-year-old male who was scratched out of this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) due to a liver ailment, has been retired from racing.
Proud Heiress, rallying gamely seven paths wide for jockey Chantal Sutherland, nosed odds-on choice Tribal Belle at the wire in the $151,785 Whimsical Stakes (gr. III), the first graded stakes of Woodbine's season April 18.
Wild Zone, one of the nation's leading sires of 2-year-olds, has been relocated to Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- I'm a Chatterbox Sweeps to FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Streaking Chocolate Ride Wires Mervin Muniz
- Lady Lara Makes Late Run to Win Honey Fox
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- War Correspondent Captures Appleton