Mike Repole's Uncle Mo, last year's champion 2-year-old male who was scratched out of this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) due to a liver ailment, has been retired from racing.
Proud Heiress, rallying gamely seven paths wide for jockey Chantal Sutherland, nosed odds-on choice Tribal Belle at the wire in the $151,785 Whimsical Stakes (gr. III), the first graded stakes of Woodbine's season April 18.
Wild Zone, one of the nation's leading sires of 2-year-olds, has been relocated to Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Buys Breeding Rights to Palace
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Wyoming to Shut Down Historical Racing Games
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Midlantic Sale Topped by Malibu Moon Filly
- Galileo Yearlings Top Tattersalls Opener
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles