Keeneland's 11-day November breeding stock auction ended Nov. 14 with a record-equaling median and gains in gross sales and average price for a market the sales company characterized as "vibrant."
French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Michael C. Byrne, chairman of the Jockey Club of Canada from 1995 to 2005, has been named this year's E.P.Taylor Award of Merit winner.
A Bold n' Flashy filly and a Perigee Moon colt shared top-priced honors Monday during the select portion of the Canadian-bred yearling sale at Woodbine, each bringing $190,000 (approximately $159,853 in U.S. funds).
Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Zadracarta, a multiple Canadian stakes winner who came within a head of being a French group I winner, died April 2.
Irish group winner Perigee Moon, a half-brother to grade II winner Old Trieste, will enter stud at Michael C. Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed