French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Michael C. Byrne, chairman of the Jockey Club of Canada from 1995 to 2005, has been named this year's E.P.Taylor Award of Merit winner.
A Bold n' Flashy filly and a Perigee Moon colt shared top-priced honors Monday during the select portion of the Canadian-bred yearling sale at Woodbine, each bringing $190,000 (approximately $159,853 in U.S. funds).
Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Zadracarta, a multiple Canadian stakes winner who came within a head of being a French group I winner, died April 2.
Irish group winner Perigee Moon, a half-brother to grade II winner Old Trieste, will enter stud at Michael C. Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan