Keeneland's 11-day November breeding stock auction ended Nov. 14 with a record-equaling median and gains in gross sales and average price for a market the sales company characterized as "vibrant."
French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Michael C. Byrne, chairman of the Jockey Club of Canada from 1995 to 2005, has been named this year's E.P.Taylor Award of Merit winner.
A Bold n' Flashy filly and a Perigee Moon colt shared top-priced honors Monday during the select portion of the Canadian-bred yearling sale at Woodbine, each bringing $190,000 (approximately $159,853 in U.S. funds).
Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Zadracarta, a multiple Canadian stakes winner who came within a head of being a French group I winner, died April 2.
Irish group winner Perigee Moon, a half-brother to grade II winner Old Trieste, will enter stud at Michael C. Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby