Group III winner Nephrite was represented by his first reported foal Feb. 20 when a chestnut filly arrived at Park Stud in Ontario.
Grade II winner Exhi and Irish group victor Nephrite have been added to the stallion roster of Park Stud in Orangeville, Ontario, owners Michael and Laurel Byrne announced Nov. 30.
TVG Breeders' Cup Mile winner Court Vision, who also captured the 2010 Woodbine Mile (Can-IT), will be paraded in the Woodbine walking ring Nov. 26 at noon as part of a retirement ceremony for the future Canadian stallion.
B. Wayne Hughes' four-time grade I winner Court Vision will be retired following the Nov. 5 TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) and will enter stud in 2012 at Michael Byrne's Park Stud in Ontario, Canada.
Eugene Melnyk's homebred Marchfield, a two-time Canadian champion, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Upgrade of the Nearctic Stakes from grade II to grade I status gives Canada five grade I stakes for 2010.
Michael C. Byrne, chairman of the Jockey Club of Canada from 1995 to 2005, has been named this year's E.P.Taylor Award of Merit winner.
Tomahawk, a $2.5 million Keeneland July yearling and an Irish champion 2-year-old, will enter stud at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada, for a fee of $8,500 (Canadian funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD