Hard-working Guys Reward, making the 46th start of his career, wore down pacesetter Fredericksburg in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $170,000 Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf July 27.
Halting a six-race winless stretch, Michael Bruder's Guys Reward stormed past favorite Salto late to complete a torrid last-to-first upset in the $150,000 Lambholm South Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 1.
Trainer Dale Romans looks to improve upon the considerable success he has already enjoyed in turf races this season when he sends out Quick Wit in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Hawthorne Race Course
Michael J. Bruder's Quick Wit returns to the grass in the Sept. 2 Saranac Stakes after winning an off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but Lucky Chappy is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Considering his last attempt over a sloppy track, Quick Wit was far from a lock to win an off-the-turf edition of the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but the 10-1 shot prevailed Aug. 10 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory