Hard-working Guys Reward, making the 46th start of his career, wore down pacesetter Fredericksburg in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $170,000 Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf July 27.
Halting a six-race winless stretch, Michael Bruder's Guys Reward stormed past favorite Salto late to complete a torrid last-to-first upset in the $150,000 Lambholm South Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 1.
Trainer Dale Romans looks to improve upon the considerable success he has already enjoyed in turf races this season when he sends out Quick Wit in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Hawthorne Race Course
Michael J. Bruder's Quick Wit returns to the grass in the Sept. 2 Saranac Stakes after winning an off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but Lucky Chappy is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Considering his last attempt over a sloppy track, Quick Wit was far from a lock to win an off-the-turf edition of the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes, but the 10-1 shot prevailed Aug. 10 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland