Churchill Downs Inc. announced June 2 that it has completed its merger with Youbet.com.
Flush off a quarter in which it saw increased handle and profit, Youbet.com said May 13 it would look at possibly establishing a presence in another country in an effort to expand its wagering offerings beyond horse racing.
Youbet.com reported a loss of $4.5 million for 2008, fueled by an $11.2 million fourth-quarter impairment charge for subsidiary United Tote, the company reported March 5.
After turning over a new leaf in management, Youbet.com's net income for the third quarter of 2008 experienced a significant increase in profit from the year before.
A public equity investment firm managed by the president and chief executive officer of Youbet.com is considering several options for the online wagering and tote company, including a potential takeover, according to a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Youbet.com, during an Aug. 5 conference call in which it reported a profit for the second straight quarter, said it is evaluating the effects of a possible merger with TVG.
Youbet.com has restated its earnings for 2007 due to a recalculation of an earn-out payment to the former owners of defunct subsidiary International Racing Group, increasing its annual loss for the year to $28.4 million.
Youbet.com announced May 21 it had regained compliance with NASDAQ trading requirements after its stock price traded above $1 for 10 consecutive business days.
Youbet.com put the memory of its association with former subsidiary International Racing Group in its rear-view mirror during a May 6 conference call where it reported a net income of $774,000 for the first quarter of 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015