Chautauqua unleashed his trademark burst of speed with less than a furlong to run down Flemington's famed straight and snatched victory in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 20.
Short-priced favorite Chautauqua roared from last and won the lucrative Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 23 at Moonee Valley's night meeting, stamping himself one of Australia's top sprinters.
The Hall of Fame induction ceremony, to be held the morning of Aug. 13 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., can be viewed on television as well as the Internet.
A South Florida entity has paid nearly $17.3 million for one of the largest farm properties located near Ocala, Fla., according to public deed records.
Michael "Mickey" Sample has been named interim chief racing steward for the Keeneland spring meet that begins April 2, said LaJuana Wilcher, secretary of the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners