The Ontario Racing Commission has suspended trainer Brian Lynch following his recent arrest Woodbine. He was charged with making death threats and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
Kindergarden Kid made his third start in little more than a month a winning one at Keeneland Oct. 18, kicking on the afterburners approaching the line to jet home in the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Trainer Roger Attfield is hoping a stretch-out to 1 1/4 miles in the $250,000 Sky Classic (Can-IIT) will enable Forte Dei Marmi to land his first North American stakes victory Aug. 19 at Woodbine.
For the second consecutive year Greta Kuntzweiler was aboard the decisive winner of the $150,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), this time guiding odds-on favorite Rahystrada to a 3 3/4-length victory Sept. 10 at Kentucky Downs
Maiden Miami Deco ran down favorites Stormy Lord and Cognashene at 65-1 odds to produce a record payoff in Woodbine's Breeders' Stakes, the third jewel in the Canadian Triple Crown, on a yielding turf course Aug. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award