Bert and Diana Firestone have retired their four-time grade I winner Winchester from racing for stallion duty.
A Tapit colt produced from the stakes-winning mare Victory Road was purchased by Ron Winchell for $450,000 to top the Sept. 20 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Unalienable Right, a Green Dancer 5-year-old bred by Phipps Stable, is slated to start Thursday in the $100,000 Hard Scuffle Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) at Churchill Downs. The Hard Scuffle is the first race in the Steeplechase Triple Crown series for novice hurdlers.
Most Popular Stories
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress