Bert and Diana Firestone have retired their four-time grade I winner Winchester from racing for stallion duty.
A Tapit colt produced from the stakes-winning mare Victory Road was purchased by Ron Winchell for $450,000 to top the Sept. 20 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Unalienable Right, a Green Dancer 5-year-old bred by Phipps Stable, is slated to start Thursday in the $100,000 Hard Scuffle Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) at Churchill Downs. The Hard Scuffle is the first race in the Steeplechase Triple Crown series for novice hurdlers.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief