Bert and Diana Firestone have retired their four-time grade I winner Winchester from racing for stallion duty.
A Tapit colt produced from the stakes-winning mare Victory Road was purchased by Ron Winchell for $450,000 to top the Sept. 20 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Unalienable Right, a Green Dancer 5-year-old bred by Phipps Stable, is slated to start Thursday in the $100,000 Hard Scuffle Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) at Churchill Downs. The Hard Scuffle is the first race in the Steeplechase Triple Crown series for novice hurdlers.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile