Bert and Diana Firestone have retired their four-time grade I winner Winchester from racing for stallion duty.
A Tapit colt produced from the stakes-winning mare Victory Road was purchased by Ron Winchell for $450,000 to top the Sept. 20 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Unalienable Right, a Green Dancer 5-year-old bred by Phipps Stable, is slated to start Thursday in the $100,000 Hard Scuffle Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) at Churchill Downs. The Hard Scuffle is the first race in the Steeplechase Triple Crown series for novice hurdlers.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch