MGM Resorts International has won a three-way race for a license to build a resort casino in Prince George's County, Md., just south of Washington, D.C. And the future of a racetrack remains up in the air.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has submitted a formal proposal to build a $700 million casino and resort on the grounds of Rosecroft Raceway, a harness track located just south of Washington, D.C., in Prince George's County, Md.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is backing off plans to construct a massive casino and convention center with a Malaysian-based gambling conglomerate on the grounds of the Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class