MGM Resorts International has won a three-way race for a license to build a resort casino in Prince George's County, Md., just south of Washington, D.C. And the future of a racetrack remains up in the air.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has submitted a formal proposal to build a $700 million casino and resort on the grounds of Rosecroft Raceway, a harness track located just south of Washington, D.C., in Prince George's County, Md.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is backing off plans to construct a massive casino and convention center with a Malaysian-based gambling conglomerate on the grounds of the Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Equibase to Provide First-Time Gelding Info
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year