MGM Resorts International has won a three-way race for a license to build a resort casino in Prince George's County, Md., just south of Washington, D.C. And the future of a racetrack remains up in the air.
Penn National Gaming Inc. has submitted a formal proposal to build a $700 million casino and resort on the grounds of Rosecroft Raceway, a harness track located just south of Washington, D.C., in Prince George's County, Md.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is backing off plans to construct a massive casino and convention center with a Malaysian-based gambling conglomerate on the grounds of the Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby