Trainer Todd Pletcher worked his trio of Breeders' Cup starters -- Chapel Royal, Ashado, and Balto Star -- at Belmont Park Sunday morning.
Godolphin Racing's Mezzo Soprano gamely held off a relentless Yesterday close to home to win Sunday's Prix Vermeille Fouquet's Barriere (Fr-I) for 3-year-old fillies by a head at Longchamp Sunday.
Hammiya and Santa Sophia were supplemented Saturday at the cost of £20,000 each to the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I), the Epsom Downs classic which is run on June 6.
Wagering on Godolphin's Mezzo Soprano in Churchill Downs' first Kentucky Oaks Future Wager ("KOFW") was suspended shortly before the opening of the four-day pool Thursday.
The decision of Australian jockey Kerrin McEvoy to prolong his first trip to Dubai and resist the lure of the rich Autumn Carnival in Sydney paid immediate dividends when the former French-trained filly Mezzo Soprano won the US$250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas at Nad Al Sheba Thursday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award