Fresh off the glory of winning the Eclipse Award as America's outstanding owner of 2009, the Maktoum family's Godolphin stable is poised to unleash some of its strongest American-based runners at Meydan.
Trials held at the new Meydan racing facility in advance of the Dubai Racing Carnival received a thumbs-up, according to the Dubai Racing Club.
The Dubai Racing Club announced Dec. 24 it has added a new $1 million race to the Dubai World Cup card of March 27, 2010, at the new Meydan Grandstand and Racecourse in Dubai.
All the Tapeta material has been laid for the main racing surface at the new Meydan racecourse, which could be ready for use soon, said Michael Dickinson, who created and now markets the synthetic racing surface.
Including four U.S.-based runners, 15 horses have been entered for the $6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at Nad Al Sheba racecourse March 28.
The Dubai Racing Club announced that a Tapeta synthetic surface has been selected for the new training track at Meydan.
The awarding of two building contracts Sept. 17 will allow construction to begin immediately on Meydan Racecourse, a new world-class track being built in Dubai. The racetrack, featuring a grandstand that will span one kilometer, is expected to be completed in two years and open in 2010 for the 15th renewal of the Dubai World Cup meeting.
Officials with the Dubai Racing Club on Saturday officially outlined the plans for the new Meydan Racecourse that will replace Nad al Sheba racecourse, which presented its Dubai World Cup card for the 12th time Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector