Owners and trainers will have more race options for their horses during the 2014 Dubai World Cup Carnival under recently announced changes to the $37 million program, which begins Jan. 9.
Globetrotter Jakkalberry led in the final 100 meters to defeat 3-5 favorite Await the Dawn and Cavalryman in the $250,000 Dubai City Of Gold Sponsored by Emirates SkyCargo on the Super Saturday card March 9 at Meydan.
Donegal Racing's synthetic track specialist and Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) hopeful Dullahan will sharpen up for his planned start in the $10 million race later this month in the $200,000 Burj Nahar (UAE-III) March 9 at Meydan.
Trainer Edward Lynam talks about his horse, group I-winning European sprinter Sole Power, who is the 4-to-1 morning-line favorite in the Meydan Sprint. Watch Video
African Story took command in mid-stretch and pulled away to easily win the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Sky Cargo (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Krypton Factor and Hitchens are set to renew their rivalry when they go to the post in the $200,000 Mahab Al Shimaal Sponsored by Skywards (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees