The Meydan Group will replace its synthetic track with a dirt surface by the beginning of the 2014-15 meeting.
China and the United Arab Emirates-based Meydan Group are partnering to hold a groundbreaking race meeting next month at Jinma Racecourse. Race fields will consist of horses shipped from the U.A.E.
Officials of Dubai-based Meydan Group and Chinese authorities March 28 announced plans to hold an international race meeting in October in Chengdu in southwestern China.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat