Team Valor International announced March 20 that 3-year-old colt Mexikoma is no longer being aimed at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and is now pointed toward the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Team Valor colt has missed several days of training, but still could make Derby prep.
Steve Haskin shuffles his Kentucky Derby Dozen on the bottom end this week, but read what he says about those left unmoved. read blog
Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen was rocked by the Risen Star and Fountain of Youth Stakes over the weekend. See who was removed from the top 12! read blog
Ciaran Dunne's Wavertree Stables has led all consignors of 2-year-olds in training in gross sales for consecutive years. The Ocala, Fla.-based operation generates results with quantity and quality.
Steve Haskin adds a new horse to his Kentucky Derby Dozen, shuffles a little and removes one Kentucky Derby prep race winner completely. Read to find out who! read blog
With a Derby Dozen teaser, Steve Haskin talks about Fappiano and his son Unbridled. read blog
Team Valor International said its recent private purchase Mexikoma, who rallied well to finish a close-up sixth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 2, is headed to Florida to prepare for his 3-year-old season.
Reddam Racing's Bond Holder, trained by Doug O'Neill, has a strong foundation with five previous races, including a victory in the grade I FrontRunner Stakes at Santa Anita Park in his last start Sept. 29.
After a big season with their juveniles last year at the Breeders' Cup, leading consignor Wavertree Stables has even more contenders this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Cursory Glance, Gleneagles Win at Curragh