The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission stewards have disqualified Sign from her victory in last season's Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has initiated an administrative action against trainer Tom Amoss that could result in a 60-day suspension and $5,000 fine.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has recommended withdrawal guidelines and plasma thresholds for a bronchodilator, a muscle relaxant, and four anabolic steroids.
Most Popular Stories
- Red River Adds Three New Stallions for 2015
- Swagger Jack to Stand at Nicks Farm
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark