Creston Farm's Reba's Gold, on the sidelines for six months, made his return a successful one with an eight-length triumph in Monday's $100,000 Seabiscuit Handicap (gr. III) at Bay Meadows.
In the "You gotta start somewhere" department, Metatron, who finished second in last year's Hollywood Juvenile Championship and Best Pal Stakes and third in the Lane's End Breeders Futurity and Del Mar Futurity, returned to the races following a four-month layoff Friday and romped by seven lengths in a six-furlong allowance race at Golden Gate.
A field of seven, including The Thoroughbred Corp.'s impressive Officer, are set to compete in Wednesday's $250,000 Del Mar Futurity, the grade II feature on the closing-day card.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Officer remained undefeated from three starts with a stakes-record setting victory over two rivals in the $138,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. III) and Double Cat, a half-sister to War Chant, earned her first win on Wednesday at Del Mar.
Came Home set brisk fractions under Chris McCarron and drew away to a four-length win in Sunday's $107,400 Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell