Johnanna Louise Glen-Teven's Proudinsky, winner of the Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. II) a year ago, is the 3-1 morning-line favorite in his quest to become the first back-to-back winner in the 17-year history of the event, Fair Grounds' premier race for turf horses.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission has disqualified Rapid Proof from his win in the March 19 Mervin Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds as a result of a positive test for dexamethasone, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Most Popular Stories
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Bassett to Receive Award From RTCA
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 10/06/2015
- Inside the October 10, 2015 Issue
- Double-Digit Growth in Arc Export Handle
- Questions Facing Breeders' Cup Classic Horses
- Spendthrift Moving Court Vision, Victor's Cry
- Pletcher Horses Hit the Track at Keeneland
- Free as a Bird, Ageless Meet Again
- Injured Rossi 'An Inspiration' After Accident