Chocolate Candy is not only the obvious hunch play on Valentine's Day in the El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 14, he's the solid one as well.
Odds-on favorite Chocolate Candy split horses as the field straightened away, struck the front nearing the eighth-pole and drew clear to post a 1 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 California Derby Jan. 17 at Golden Gate Fields.
Stakes winners Chocolate Candy, Gallant Son, and undefeated Merus Miami top a group of seven 3-year-old colts entered for the $100,000 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 17.
Merus Miami dropped back to last on the backstretch and then rallied through the final quarter of a mile to win the $75,000 Gold Rush Stakes by one length at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training