Hard Aces, sharp winner of the Louisiana Handicap in his first start of 2015, has been sold privately to Hronis Racing with plans to ship to Southern California to take on Shared Belief in the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap.
Metaboss, coming from well off the pace with a powerful wide move, overtook favored Conquest Typhoon in deep stretch for a 6-1 surprise in the El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) under Hall of Fame jockey Alex Solis.
Distinctiv Passion came out running for jockey Mike Smith and was never headed en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Midnight Lute Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Figures rose across the board for the second straight day at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21 in Ocala, Fla.
Smiling Tiger, a multiple grade I winner and millionaire, has been retired from racing. The son of Hold That Tiger will stand at Premier Equine near Oakdale, Calif., in 2014 for a fee of $5,000
Horses of racing age averaged $38,940 at the inaugural Barretts paddock sale at Del Mar in Southern California July 22.
Taking full advantage of a speed bias on Santa Anita's sealed main track, Frumious ran away from the field to register a 5 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 21.
Led by two colts who each brought $100,000, the first session of the Barretts October Yearling Sale rose 47.15% in average, to $27,145. The 55 head sold at the Oct. 11 session grossed $1,493,000, up 42% from the 2010 gross.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest