Maryland-bred Declan's Moon, the 2004 Eclipse Award-winning champion juvenile colt and early favorite for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) before an injury, has been retired from racing.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Jan. 5 that Mike Jensen of the Philadelphia Inquirer has won the 2006 Media Eclipse Award for writing in the features/enterprise category for "The Man Whose Job is Saving Barbaro," a profile of Dr. Dean Richardson, which was published May 28, 2006. Honorable mention in the feature/enterprise category went to Josh Pons for "Merryland, a Diary" which appeared in The Blood-Horse Dec. 3, 2005.
Betty Shea Miller, a former secretary-treasurer of the Maryland Horse Breeders Association, died Sept. 12 at age 90.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- It's a Dundeel Wins at Aussie Championships
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays