Ten juveniles seek their first stakes score in the $150,000 Display Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 1, including a few who have recently been knocking at the door. But the runner horsemen fear most is Avie's Quality.
Jimmy Z snapped a 16-race losing streak in grand style Friday at Golden Gate Fields when he got up in the final jump to win the $100,000 Forty-Niner Handicap by a head.
Favorite Reba's Gold lost the lead briefly in mid-stretch, but battled back under jockey David Flores to capture Sunday's $72,850 Steinlen Handicap by a head over longshot Mercenary.
Most Popular Stories
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Florida Feed Manufacturer Issues Recall