Sinister Minister, runaway winner of the 2006 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), is standing at Arrow Stud in Japan.
Rock Hard Ten, a multiple grade I winner and impressive winner of the Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree Oct. 1 in what would be his final race, will stand the 2006 breeding season at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky. The son of the late leading sire Kris S. will stand for $50,000 it was announced Friday morning.
Rock Hard Ten, one of the favorites for the Oct. 29 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), has had his shipping plans to New York delayed because of a small bruise on his left front foot.
Indian Ocean, a graded stakes winner by Stormy Atlantic, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury.
Miss Loren, a champion in her native Argentina and winner of the Feb. 13 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
The Hong Kong Derby (HK-I), the premier event on that country's racing calendar, will now become the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby. It will be run March 21 at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race