British raider Caspar Netscher charged between rivals and drove down the center of the Woodbine stretch to win the $300,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-IIT) Oct. 19.
Colorspin, a major producer for Meon Valley Stud in England, died Aug. 13 at age 29.
Izzi Top charged past longtime leader Sapphire with a furlong remaining and drew off to a comfortable 1 1/4-length victory in the Barclays Bank Ireland Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 1.
Breeders' Cup president and CEO Greg Avioli was joined by Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey at Ascot Racecourse in England, the afternoon of Sept. 26 to discuss the first "Win & You're In" tie-up with a European racecourse.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
San Sebastian won the Prix du Cadran Fouquet's Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, winning by a 1/2 length over Persian Punch. Mrs. Michael Watt's 6-year-old gelding had previously finished second and third in two prior starts in the race for horses 4-years-old and older.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby