Colorspin, a major producer for Meon Valley Stud in England, died Aug. 13 at age 29.
Izzi Top charged past longtime leader Sapphire with a furlong remaining and drew off to a comfortable 1 1/4-length victory in the Barclays Bank Ireland Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 1.
Breeders' Cup president and CEO Greg Avioli was joined by Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey at Ascot Racecourse in England, the afternoon of Sept. 26 to discuss the first "Win & You're In" tie-up with a European racecourse.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
San Sebastian won the Prix du Cadran Fouquet's Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, winning by a 1/2 length over Persian Punch. Mrs. Michael Watt's 6-year-old gelding had previously finished second and third in two prior starts in the race for horses 4-years-old and older.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks