A field of 11 fillies is due to go to post for the 1 1/2-mile Investec Oaks (Eng-I) June 5, the first day of the Investec Derby Festival.
British raider Caspar Netscher charged between rivals and drove down the center of the Woodbine stretch to win the $300,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-IIT) Oct. 19.
Colorspin, a major producer for Meon Valley Stud in England, died Aug. 13 at age 29.
Izzi Top charged past longtime leader Sapphire with a furlong remaining and drew off to a comfortable 1 1/4-length victory in the Barclays Bank Ireland Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 1.
Breeders' Cup president and CEO Greg Avioli was joined by Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey at Ascot Racecourse in England, the afternoon of Sept. 26 to discuss the first "Win & You're In" tie-up with a European racecourse.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
San Sebastian won the Prix du Cadran Fouquet's Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp, winning by a 1/2 length over Persian Punch. Mrs. Michael Watt's 6-year-old gelding had previously finished second and third in two prior starts in the race for horses 4-years-old and older.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis