Led by champion filly Miss Finland, Arrowfield Stud topped Australia's list of leading breeders of stakes winners in the 2006-07 season. Arrowfield bred the winners of 19 stakes races, including seven by 3-year-old star Miss Finland. That was well ahead of Gerry Harvey and Gooree Park, who were second and third with 11 and 10 stakes winners, respectively.
Haradasun belatedly delivered on his promise to provide Fusaichi Pegasus with his first group I in the southern hemsphere when he captured the George Ryder Stakes at Rosehill on March 31.
Miss Finland advanced another step in her quest for greatness while defeating the males in the AUS$750,000 Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 10.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Miss Andretti powered her way to a third group I win for the season in taking the William Reid Australia Stakes (Aust-I) at Melbourne's Moonee Valley racecourse Feb 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic