Led by champion filly Miss Finland, Arrowfield Stud topped Australia's list of leading breeders of stakes winners in the 2006-07 season. Arrowfield bred the winners of 19 stakes races, including seven by 3-year-old star Miss Finland. That was well ahead of Gerry Harvey and Gooree Park, who were second and third with 11 and 10 stakes winners, respectively.
Haradasun belatedly delivered on his promise to provide Fusaichi Pegasus with his first group I in the southern hemsphere when he captured the George Ryder Stakes at Rosehill on March 31.
Miss Finland advanced another step in her quest for greatness while defeating the males in the AUS$750,000 Australian Guineas (Aus-I) March 10.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Miss Andretti powered her way to a third group I win for the season in taking the William Reid Australia Stakes (Aust-I) at Melbourne's Moonee Valley racecourse Feb 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day