Kentucky bred Menhoubah snapped a nine-race losing streak in a big way Sunday, winning the $649,050 Oaks d'Italia (Ity-1) at San Siro racecourse in Milan.
Thursday night's race card at Nad Al Sheba in the United Arab Emirates was the last of the inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival, other than the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) card in 16 days.
Frankie Dettori, Saeed bin Suroor and Godolphin opened their account for the season when Catstar made virtually all the running to win the UAE 1,000 Guineas, a mile conditions race on the dirt.
Michael Tabor's favored Necklace came under some pressure from jockey Mick Kinane to catch Menhoubah in the final 100 yards, but the 2-year-old filly proved her superiority with a one-length victory in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Mohaymen Seeks Nashua, Remsen Double
- Woodbine to Offer 133 Racing Dates in 2016
- Lewis Bay Set for Stakes Debut in Demoiselle
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Frivolous Likely for Falls City, Not Clark
- Ride On Curlin Returns in Thanksgiving 'Cap
- Move Stirs Speculation on Belmont VLT Casino