Following a review by the American Graded Stakes Committee, the Dec. 18 renewal of the W.L. McKnight Handicap, which was switched from the turf to the main track at Calder Dec. 18, has been reinstated as a grade II event.
Disqualified from his runner-up effort in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III) last out, Prince Will I Am helped ease some of his connections' disappointment with a victory in the off-the-turf W.L. McKnight Handicap.
Juddmonte Farms' Redwood, winner of the Northern Dancer Stakes (Can-IT) in his initial North American start, returns to Woodbine as the morning line favorite for the $2 million Pattison Canadian International Oct. 16.
Marsh Side, a career winner of more than $2.1 million at Woodbine, returns to his favorite layout to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes - Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) Sept. 19 against eight rivals.
Memorial Maniac came from off the pace to score his first graded-stakes win in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT), the first of four graded stakes on the Arlington Park turf Aug. 21.
Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
Veteran campaigners Presious Passion and Cloudy's Knight, a pair of grade I winners who starred in last month's Breeders' Cup races, meet in the $150,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Pari-Mutuel Daily Fantasy Game Launches
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field