A memorial for jockey Michael Baze will be held immediately after the races Thursday, June 2 at Hollywood Park.
A memorial service has been scheduled for jockey Justin Vitek March 13 following the racing program at Turfway Park. Vitek died Jan. 28 in Houston, Texas, after battling leukemia.
Funeral arrangements have been made for the late Bill Hartack, whose remains will be buried Dec. 6 in Iberia, Mo., with a memorial service to follow Dec. 10 in Miami Springs, Fla.
HorseRacing TV will present live coverage of the public memorial for the great John Henry from the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington Oct. 19, beginning at 2 p.m. (EST), the network announced Oct. 18.
John Henry is remembered by those who knew him best throughout his racing career and during his retirement at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Michael Blowen, president and founder of Old Friends, announced the Thoroughbred retirement facility would partner with Bill Oster and the Kentucky Horse Park to create a privately funded memorial for John Henry, who was euthanized Oct. 8 due to the infirmities of old age. He was 32.
Norine Spadaro, wife of Joe Spadaro, deputy executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund, died Monday morning following a long illness. She was 61.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy