Eugene Melnyk's homebred daughter of Grand Slam wins her second stakes in a row and first graded stakes in the Ontario Colleen (Can-III) Aug. 17 at Woodbine.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland, who won two grade II stakes over the Jan. 16-17 weekend at Santa Anita, is one of three finalists for a Sovereign Award as Canada's outstanding jockey for 2009.
The turf event at Fair Grounds will test 10 older horses, five of which met each other last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet