Flemington trainer Anthony Freedman discusses the Emirates Stakes day preview.
Trainer Mikel Delzangles talks about Caulfield Cup winner Dunaden. Watch Video
Trainer Luca Cumani talks about Quest for Peace and Mount Athos. Watch Video
Trainer Con Karakatsanis talks about Howmuchdoyouloveme. Watch Video
Owner Anthony Mithen talks about Winchester and the Melbourne Cup. Watch Video
Trainer Gai Waterhouse talks about her plethora of horses running during Melbourne Cup weekend. Watch Video
In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
Divine Madonna vindicated the judgement of trainer Mark Kavanagh with a last-to-first performance in the Emirates Cantala Stakes (Aus-I) on the final day of the 2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Nov. 11.
The four-day Melbourne Cup Carnival attendance record was smashed on Saturday when 78,158 people attended Emirates Cantala Stakes Day at Flemington.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico