A booklet put together by several individuals at the forefront of equine medication reform has been prepared for Maryland, which will enact the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication and Drug-Testing Program Jan. 1, 2014.
California has become the latest state to enact medication reforms developed by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium and adopted as model rules by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Maryland Racing Commission voted Feb. 19 to adopt a uniform equine medication, penalty, and testing program proposed for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racetracks throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
With regulators and industry groups leading the charge, many horse racing stakeholders believe sweeping medication reform could become a reality in early 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts