The Blood-Horse has won the 2014 Media Eclipse Award in the audio/multi-media Internet category for "Waiting, and Waiting, for Crowning Glory: A generation repeatedly denied a Triple Crown winner looks to California Chrome".
Turf writers Claire Novak and Jennie Reese won Media Eclipse Awards for 2011, it was announced Dec. 28 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers And Broadcasters.
HRTV has won the 2010 Media Eclipse Award in the television feature programming category for its documentary "Inside Information: Swale," about the 1984 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner.
Sirius Satellite Radio has won the Media Eclipse Award in the Audio and Multi-Media Internet category for live coverage of the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, while WAVE 3 TV in Louisville has won the Media Eclipse Award for Local Television for its pre- and post-race coverage of the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Tuesday that WAVE 3 TV in Louisville, Ky. and Premiere Radio Networks have been named recipients of Media Eclipse Awards.
Laura Hillenbrand won the Media Eclipse Award for Writing in the Features/Enterprise category. Hillenbrand's article, "The Greatest Horse Race Ever," was an original adaptation of part of her best-selling book, "Seabiscuit: An American Legend," that appeared in the May 2001 issue of Equus Magazine. This is the second Eclipse award for Hillenbrand.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Medication Among National HBPA Meeting Topics
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal