With heavy rain hitting East Rutherford, N.J. in early afternoon, the Meadowlands Racetrack canceled live racing for Friday, Oct. 9.
All-turf Thoroughbred racing will return to Meadowlands this fall when the New Jersey track hosts the first of 10 days of racing action beginning Oct. 11.
There will be 77 Thoroughbred racing dates for 2013 under a schedule approved by the New Jersey Racing Commission Nov. 14. The dates were approved pending a review of the minutes of the meeting by Gov. Chris Christie.
Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live racing Oct. 19 after heavy rains throughout the night and early morning in northern New Jersey and with rain in the forecast throughout the afternoon.
The United States Trotting Association has formed a committee to examine a proposal to use a small percentage of gaming revenue to support marketing and enhanced equine drug testing, but stopped short of endorsing the plan.
The Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, N.J., canceled live racing due to inclement weather after the running of the first race on Saturday night.
The Meadowlands Racetrack posted across-the-board losses for the 62-day 2002 Thoroughbred meet, which ended on Saturday night.
The Meadowlands will not hold live racing or host simulcating on Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues