Prized, winner of the 1989 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) and sire of Brass Hat, was euthanized at age 28 July 13 at Old Friends retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky., due to infirmities of old age.
Trainer David LaCroix has decided to retire as a trainer, going out on a winning note at Hollywood Park May 19 when he saddled Drink at Buster's for a 22-1 upset in a maiden race for 2-year-olds.
Grade II sprint winner Lexicon was represented by his first winner when his son Frezacon won Aug. 31 at Woodbine.
I'll Take Her, a 5-year-old daughter of Out of Place was sold to Frank Henson for $45,000 Thursday to top the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's fall mixed auction, which recorded some big business increases from a year ago.
A deal to purchase the Meadowbrook Farms at the Ocala Jockey Club property has soured and may end up in litigation.
The ownership of Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club contemplated the end of its commercial stallion operation May 8 while state fire officials completed their on-site investigation of the May 6 blaze that destroyed the farm's stallion barn and killed five resident sires.
Investigators did not release any findings May 7 from the fire that destroyed the stallion barn and killed five sires at Meadowbrook Farm of the Ocala Jockey Club May 6.
Kris S., a leading sire and sire of four different Breeders' Cup winners, was euthanized May 7 due to complications from an earlier injury, it was announced by WinStar Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa