Trainer David LaCroix has decided to retire as a trainer, going out on a winning note at Hollywood Park May 19 when he saddled Drink at Buster's for a 22-1 upset in a maiden race for 2-year-olds.
Grade II sprint winner Lexicon was represented by his first winner when his son Frezacon won Aug. 31 at Woodbine.
I'll Take Her, a 5-year-old daughter of Out of Place was sold to Frank Henson for $45,000 Thursday to top the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's fall mixed auction, which recorded some big business increases from a year ago.
A deal to purchase the Meadowbrook Farms at the Ocala Jockey Club property has soured and may end up in litigation.
The ownership of Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club contemplated the end of its commercial stallion operation May 8 while state fire officials completed their on-site investigation of the May 6 blaze that destroyed the farm's stallion barn and killed five resident sires.
Investigators did not release any findings May 7 from the fire that destroyed the stallion barn and killed five sires at Meadowbrook Farm of the Ocala Jockey Club May 6.
Kris S., a leading sire and sire of four different Breeders' Cup winners, was euthanized May 7 due to complications from an earlier injury, it was announced by WinStar Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach